Thread: The new Jetta

Post Thanks / Like

Default The new Jetta

Autoguide tests the new Jetta and it unimpressed with some of the cost cutting measures implemented by Volkswagen to get the cost down. For $16K though one can't exactly expect miracles and I think the marketing aspect of the $16K brand new Jetta is worth a lot.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacture...view-1495.html

After years of poorly made products and an indifferent dealer network, Volkswagen is struggling to re-establish itself as the maker of fun, value-conscious vehicles in the face of so much emotional baggage. It’s doubly embarrassing since corporate sister Audi has swung back so positively into buyer minds with stylish, must-have products that are mostly sterile to drive.

VW’s plan is to have North American-only products that are better focused on our wants and needs, which is what led the company to build a new manufacturing facility in the United States. The plant in Tennessee will eventually crank out a new Passat model, designed specifically for our market with a larger overall size and a lower base price.

Post Thanks / Like

theres one in my laneway right now. 2011 turbo diesel, 236,ft/lbs FTW. its a great car, a little plasticy inside but its still just an econobox.
    LOL

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

definitely uglier than the last gen

A.K.A: sleeplessinseattle
    Post Thanks / Like

Co-worker is leasing one. It wouldn't be my first choice after getting a ride in it.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I went for a test drive. We called it the 2 point slow. Thing had no balls whatsoever and the inside was really cheap, plasticy and you could tell the build quality had dropped a lot. Yes it's $16k but it reminded me of a Kia more than a VW.

-Michael
    Contact hackish@gmail.com. 819-778-7047 but email is far more reliable as I may or may not be in the city, province or even country. Tuning Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Lotus, Mini, VW/Audi, Ford, Dodge and GM. Hyundai coming soon!

Post Thanks / Like

you get what you pay!!!
    personally i tnihk it look awesome!!!
    it reminds of a kia?, maybe, but i would rather have a vw symbol for 16 grand then a kia symbol!!!
    BMW 335i: DINAN 2, Simota CF CAI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hackish View Post
    I went for a test drive. We called it the 2 point slow. Thing had no balls whatsoever and the inside was really cheap, plasticy and you could tell the build quality had dropped a lot. Yes it's $16k but it reminded me of a Kia more than a VW.

-Michael

uhh hello!!! Its a $16,000 car?!?!?!?! And it reminded you of a Kia?

WTF you expecting, a benz-like quality??

I'd rather have the quality testing of a vw then of a hyundai/kia. Sure, they look nice, but a vw is a lot stronger than a kia/hyundai/honda/toyota would ever be.
    They are built solid.
    Some people call me the Space Cowboy.

Post Thanks / Like

After years of poorly made products and an indifferent dealer network, Volkswagen is struggling to re-establish itself as the maker of fun, value-conscious vehicles in the face of so much emotional baggage. It’s doubly embarrassing since corporate sister Audi has swung back so positively into buyer minds with stylish, must-have products that are mostly sterile to drive.
    hahahah wow.
    That's why they are the list of the most profitable cars on the planet and the company is doing fantasic with sales.

He mentions Value-consious...um dingus, the car is $16,000 new.

Maybe the writer of that article should really do his research. Idiot
    Some people call me the Space Cowboy.