Thread: crown land camping near ottawa

Post Thanks / Like

Default crown land camping near ottawa

hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for crown land camping near ottawa? Do I need permits and such?

thanks!

Legacy Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Calabogie area and there are a few spots off HWY 7.You definatly need permits along with a road permit for all crown land road use.Ministry has been cracking down this year bigtime.

I see people all the time get pulled over by MNR up where I go because no one has the proper road permits.I buy a season pass each year,it costs a lot less than the fine.

Local Jeep clubs I see in the bush here and there,most of the time they never have the required permits.The money from the permits keeps the roads in at least a half decent condition.

I know where I go camping for sure 100% you need a 4x4 truck or SUV,most of the time the roads are flooded out and theres a good amount of mud,rocks etc.I dont mind because it keeps people away,how I see it the less people the better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R81 View Post
    I know where I go camping for sure 100% you need a 4x4 truck or SUV,most of the time the roads are flooded out and theres a good amount of mud,rocks etc.I dont mind because it keeps people away,how I see it the less people the better!
    Wheres this? Want to go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NickWa View Post
    Wheres this? Want to go
    read his post again.

"I can't make you look stupid any more than Betty Crocker can bake a cake out of fuckin' thin air. It's not that I want to be an asshole, it's just that it comes so easily and I lack either the restraint or good will to say nothing at all."