Guys, do you guys leave the pilot light for your gas fireplace on all the time or do you shut it off when spring comes around and turn it on again when it gets cold ?
Our house is 3 years old so we have a fairly new gas fireplace. The pilot light has been on all this time because the home inspector told me it only costs about $20/year to leave it on and there are some advantages doing so. But I am having second thoughts about this...do you see a significant saving on your gas bill after you turn off the pilot light ?
We barely use our gas fireplace even in the winter so I am thinking of shutting it off until we need to use then I can light it up again.